Good morning people. How is your day? I have work again, but that's life isn't it.
I'm at a loss as to what to talk about today, which I know is very strange for me. I've been looking at my friend's blogs again lately, and like what I read. In fact, I'll just place links in here again, and also remind people to let me know if there are any blogs or podcasts that I should be checking out, because I am really enjoying them a lot.
Matt's blog on Beatles Songwriting
Luke's Skeptic Blog Of Doom
Drew's The View From The Hill
Postman Batt
Tozier's Songwriting Blog
Laurence Juber
Poorly Bee
I'm sure there must be more that I should be checking out, and hope that people will "turn me on" to some other stuff to check out.
I've not had much time to get to the computer lately, obviously. What with work and everything, I thought that when I get home I would spent the time with Louise rather than immediately get the laptop out. Yes I am addicted and it's like going cold turkey in a fashion. I've got to do what I've got to do, and I'm starting to not care if my white grapes wither on Farmville, or if my pets are dead on Yoville, or any of that. I find them sort of fun still, but whatever.
The blog though is something that I really want to keep going with. I have started looking at another blog idea I'd like to start, but therein lies a time issue again, because I'm not sure whether I should include some practical issues with that blog as well, which would be incredibly time consuming, but also possibly a lot of fun. There's also the potential for it to be a very long blog indeed. The practical side would mean learning a lot of songs (and I mean a lot), maybe some video footage, and more. A very in-depth blog that would be multimedia based essentially, and maybe even have some copyright issues, I'm not completely sure. The first lot of posts for that new blog idea would incidentally involve Led Zeppelin's fourth album by the way, and I know they are sticklers when it comes to copyright issues. Advice would be helpful if anyone has any to give.
I've booked some holiday time again next week, but am irritated that I couldn't get the exact dates that I wanted. I wanted to get 24th to 26th of March, because I wanted to check out an event in Mansfield as part of something called Save Our Scene UK, which is basically about the fact that live venues for unsigned acts are shutting down and we are slowing losing that. It's at the Intake Club and click here for a link to the Facebook page.
However, they are letting me have 22nd to 24th, which I suppose is okay, but I'm guessing that it means my only days off will be those three days of holiday, and I'm going to a Murder Mystery night at the Town Hall here in Newark, which should be fun. We get a meal and wine (although I can't drink there now because I'm guessing I'll be at work the next morning - great) all sat at a table, and the whole thing takes place there around the table and in that room, with the actors being sat at the table like the rest of us apparently, which should be good. Both me and Louise are going, which is great because I know I never get to take her out very often.
Yesterday I had my shift changed at the last minute, which was a pain in the arse because I was originally set to work in Mansfield for an 11.15 am start and was going to go to The Old Library and pay what I owe for the recording session the other week, and then they changed it to an 8 o'clock in the morning start here in Newark. Now I have to work out how I can get to Mansfield and pay that off before the end of the tax year. Sometimes I hate employers, and I constantly check my lottery ticket in the hope that one day the numbers will come up and I can just tell them to piss off or words to that effect.
Here's me saying I had nothing to talk about, and I've been babbling on for an age. Oh well, just heard the church bells reminding me of the imminent need to rush off to work. Pays the bills though doesn't it.
Anyway, take care everybody, and I hope I haven't bored you too much.
17 March 2011 (40 years, 3 months, and 19 days old)
No comments:
Post a Comment