Saturday, 26 March 2011

Saturday working

So I got to work today and was immediately asked by the store's duty manager why I was there, with the f word inserted. He was irritated about having so many different guards, and I can sort of understand his irritation.

I don't think I'm a particularly good retail guard, but I don't think that's the problem. I think it's because he wants regular guards and is sick of constantly changing guards - four this week.

He did actually get to me with what he said, so I forgot to say that I just go where I'm told as a cover guard.

It's made me think of how we can blame the wrong people for things and in some cases damage what relationships that we have. I think that duty manager should look more into the real cause of his irritation, much like we should all look at what causes our problems before we act.

Take care. I hope that didn't bore you too much.

26 March 2011 (40 years, and 4 months old)

No comments:

Post a Comment