Saturday, 19 March 2011

More thoughts and waffling on

Hello. Another day, another blog, and a pre-written one.

So, here I am in Skegness at work, and I'm sure that most of you are thinking that I am so lucky.  You would be wrong of course.  I am not allowed to leave the building at all, so I don't get to see anything, or go anywhere - yes, I am so lucky.

When I arrived ten minutes early I rang up to report on duty, and was then given two weeks worth of shifts, which was such a surprise because I am rarely given even a proper week's shifts with notice.

I've also noticed that because I have three days of holiday for next week, that they are my only days off.  Oh well, pay day in the middle of April will be nice.  I suppose that I was expecting it that way anyway.

The strangest thing I suppose of the fact that I am going to places to work, and then I may not see these places ever again.  I did Stavely for a while but now haven't been there at all this year I think.  I did one shift in Sheffield  once and have never been to that site ever again.  They expect me to remember where these places are for the future?  Not much chance of that!!!

Oh, that's all I'd already written...

I'm looking forward to having time off from Tuesday, but of course there are always things that need doing while I'm off, as ever.  I will be going to the studio to pay what I still owe them for that session the other week, and there are still things to fork out for, including road tax and the water bill... Hmm, there's always bloody something.  I'm fed up of bills.  I wish they'd give me some let up so I could actually catch up at last!

To be honest, I'd be happy to win about £1000 on the lottery just so I can pay off the only real debt I have which is being a month late with the rent, and some money for a bond to get somewhere else and move out.  The murder just around the corner from here has really shaken things up a lot, as I suppose it would anywhere with such an event.

When I went to Skegness yesterday, the headline on the local paper there was about a murder in Burgh Le Marsh.  That just reminded me of the events on Wednesday night here in Newark.

Anyway, today then I'll be doing another bloody long shift - 11 hours is a long time stood in a supermarket, and I'm sure there would be better ways to do these things.  I shouldn't moan though...  Should I?

So I guess that's my way of coming to an end today?  I just seem to stop somehow or another, and have no specific plan most of the time.  As it says in the title - rambling.

Anyway, everyone take care, and have a lovely day.  I hope I haven't bored you too much.

19 March 2011 (40 years, 3 months, and 21 days old)

No comments:

Post a Comment