I'm looking out onto the rooftops while sat in the works canteen. I see aerials of all shapes and sizes, chimneys for decoration and as a reminder of our once flourishing industry of coal, the satellite dishes which when I was a child were ominous things in science fiction television shows and films, which spoke of impending alien invasions.
Last but by no means least are the cameras watching people in the streets - true invaders of our world but necessary. They are like the robot craft in War of the Worlds, but with a smoothened image.
This world has changed so much since the sci-fi I watched as a kid, and i wish that it was more like the utopian world of Star Trek than what it could easily turn into - the dark, grey, dirty, polluted, depression of our world in Blade Runner.
Which way do you prefer?
No comments:
Post a Comment