Hello. How are you all? I'm looking forward to a lot of bloody driving today for work. I'll be out for around 12 hours, of which a third of that will be spent driving. I'm being sarcastic by the way, because I'm not really looking forward to it. Driving all that way without a bloody car stereo as well. That means headphones in for the iPod to listen to some Punky Radio I think.
Anyway, I've already got something written for today's blog, and here goes;
We've been watching something we must have recorded this time last year or even earlier - The 100 Greatest Kids TV Shows. I've been wondering how many people actually took part in the vote for the poll, and how it was put out there. The length of time it's taken us to watch the programme is a sign of how long it is as well - in two parts!!!
Another thing about these programmes is how they quickly skim over on programme that is a classic, but then waffle on about other programmes. If they couldn't find anyone behind the programme, then why not just get anyone to talk about it?
We haven't quite got to number one yet. Louise thinks it will be Bagpus, and we haven't seen Ivor The Engine, Dangermouse, and a few other shows yet, so plenty to look forward to. It's amazing how many of the shows I know, and how many that I don't.
I never saw Skippy, or at least I don't think that I did. The part they showed where Skippy apparently taps the boys closed hand that has something in it made me and Louise howl with laughter because what tapped the boy's hand was so not a kangaroo paw. I looked like a twig with a bit of fur on it.
Funnily enough, one of the databases I did for my NVQ Level 2 in Business Administration was a list of Children's TV shows. Other databases I did included my then vinyl record collection. Basically I did a lot of databases, and I passed the level 2 obviously.
There we are - Level 2 Business Administration, distinctions in RSA typing stage 2 (both parts), on top of data-processing and word-processing qualifications, and here I am as a Security Guard. Same for most guards I suppose. In fact, we're lucky to be in work with things the way they are.
Anyway, strangely they had one of these list programmes on the other night while we were waiting for the kettle to boil in readiness for watching a bit of this top kids shows thing, and it was "top dance crazes" or some bloody thing. Some of these list things are great, but some are like "why bother?"
What next - the "Top 20 List Shows" maybe?
Thanks for reading my stream of nonsense. Take care, and I hope I didn't bore you too much. Now off on a long bloody journey.
18 March 2011 (40 years, 3 months, 20 days old)
No comments:
Post a Comment