Monday, 28 March 2011

A very quick blog about Saturday's protest march

Today I will just be very quick and speak about something that happened over the weekend that disgusted me.  I'm sure that people know how I feel politically about things, and I can understand people protesting against things, especially the crap that we're having to put up with in the UK at the moment with such an awful financial situation.

I like how the (rich) politicians speak of how we all need to make sacrifices to get out of this mess, and to be honest I don't think that they are making too many sacrifices.  I heard about the fact that they have made amendments to what they can claim expenses for, which to mean seems more like they want to spend more money on them than they were doing.  Sod them, let them pay out of their own wages like most of us do.  I wonder if they get 22 pence per mile fuel after paying for their first 40 miles of travelling?  I doubt it.

There is so much going on at the moment, and I think the so called being nice of not putting the fuel up just yet is a load of rubbish.  What about cutting it even more so that people can still live on the wages that are so far below inflation now that I'm readying my *bag on a stick* so I can start walking to work places due to having to scrimp to afford even basic food, never mind the bloody fuel needed to travel to my places of work.  I know that when I moaned to the Social Security about the mileage involved, that they basically said that it was a job - sort of saying that I had no choice but to take the job otherwise I'd be turning down a position.  It's okay for them in a basic job that any monkey can do - sit down behind a desk and say "oh, we don't do that, please use the phone and dial one," or words to that effect.  Then they probably only travel for less than five minutes wasting a car's fuel because they're all too lazy and tired from their 6 hour shifts of sitting on their arses doing sweet FA but telling you that they can't help with absolutely anything!!!  Sounds like any bank, building society... Insert whichever place you go to where you wait in a queue for ages and get nothing at the end of it all.

Anyway, I'm getting carried away here.

I could see the point of the protests over the weekend at London about the cuts in Public Services, etc.  I however hated seeing the footage of those absolute tossers that spoilt it by vandalising establishments, and with a complete lack of respect for national treasures such as Nelson's Column and other such places with the graffiti.  This shows them to be people who have an obvious hatred of our culture and the country's heritage.  Even groups such as the Black Panthers in the US and the like would maybe have been more thoughtful than that, and shown more respect.

BBC news page link

I'm sorry if this is not in keeping with my usual blog style, but I just had to talk about this subject because it made a very negative impression on me.  I'm not the most patriotic person I suppose, but I still have more respect for these things than those people did.

Thank you for reading.  Take care.

28 March 2011 (40 years, 4 months, and 2 days old)

PS - By the way, now we're going to have pay more out of our taxes to clean up the damage these people have made.

No comments:

Post a Comment