Tuesday, 22 March 2011

More music nonsense

Here's more pre-written stuff;

Well I suppose that I have to do the inevitable and put down vocals for the remaining songs for the One Day set.  It must be well known by now that I prefer putting the music down.  I don't mind guide vocals I suppose, but I always feel like I'm selling the songs short in a way.  A bit like Pete Townshend and John Entwistle wrote for The Who, but Roger Daltrey was (and is) the singer.

There's also the fact that I can't go for it at home, and I'm not a particularly strong vocalist anyway, especially for the more rock style tunes that are left.  But what does it matter if I short change them really I suppose.  It's not like I'm a signed act or anything.

I've always had that problem with not being in a band as such, as well as other problems.  I can only give the material my best because there's just me, plus some friends helping sometimes as well, but in the main it's just me really.  I think in a lot of ways the music would probably be better if I was just a musician in a band bringing my songs (and them bringing theirs in) for us to work on together, developing our own parts.

There was always the case when I was in bands where we would make some suggestions on each other's parts, which I'm sure is the same for a lot of other bands.  But they were each other's instruments at the end of the day.

The recordings take so long for me to do because of not having a band as well.  I have to find all of the money myself, and that's not always easy for me to do.  I'm still a month behind on rent for instance from when I was made redundant.

There we go - a moan.

Like Andy and Joff were sort of saying yesterday though, I've been working on this set for probably five years now (is it?) and I need to get it done.  So I'll get the vocals done and wait for the keyboard work for Together, then get it out there.

Right, that's that blog then.  Hope everyone takes care.  Hope I didn't bore you too much.

22 March 2011 (40 years, 3 months and 24 days old)

No comments:

Post a Comment