Sunday, 20 March 2011

Thoughts for a Sunday

Here's one I prepred earlier.

This is going to be a very controversial blog, and I am almost certain of repercussions, but so be it.

If I had created this world, then I am sure that I would have stepped in by now and sorted it out somehow or another.   I am happy for people to believe what they want to, but so often these same people come out with the stupidest and most tactless and untimely comments ever.   At the moment I am talking of these Christians who blame what's happening in Japan to the fact that they deny God.

Absolute bullshit!

I know for one that if it were a punishment from God, then it is a god that I could not and will not follow.   I also cannot believe that the so called creator of all would allow innocents to die needlessly.  They say that we are all "born into sin", but that is such rubbish - a baby has never sinned because it hasn't the ability or knowledge of such a thing.

Someone I used to work with said that these things happen because it's "natures way to control the population".  Now as an emotional person I obviously disagreed with this.  He knew that he could rile me easily with this opinion, so he said it very frequently.

Now a lot of elements of Christianity, and other religions, are very admirable, but methodology and other aspects are incredibly cold for something that is supposed to be caring.

I think that lets people know where I stand.  I could go further, but I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

Today, whatever religion or non-religion you are, think about those people out there in Japan, and other places where there are things happening - you need only open the first few pages of the main newspapers to find out where.  There is so much going on in the world, and to brush it off shows people without compassion or love.

At least think about them for a minute.  It is just a minute.

Thank you for reading, I hope you didn't find it boring.  Take care.

20 March 2011 (40 years, 3 months, 22 days old)

1 comment:

  1. The problem with the Christian's approach to this is that Sendai, the city that got hit the hardest, is a city that has a somewhat strong association with Christianity.

    Heck, the Diocese of Sendai also covers Fukushima, where the whole nuclear thing is going on.

    So if God were really going to dole out punishment he sorta picked the worst possible place to do so.

    ReplyDelete