Here's something I wrote while at work yesterday to blog today. It's different, but the so is this blog. I hope it's interesting;
From the window at today's workplace canteen I look out onto the people on the road driving, living life, journeying from one place to another. They could be driving between work places themselves, from work to home, home to work, on holiday time going to visit people, or going home from those visits.
They could be the variety of people who do not work for one reason or another. They could be absolutely anybody, but I don't know the majority of them. In fact it would be doubtful that I know any of them.
I can see the Holiday Inn just a couple of buildings away, the beautiful cathedral in the distance that I would love to visit, but I don't because I just can't get around to doing it.
I see a plethora of stores big and small across the way; Comet, Halfords, Carpet Right, SCS, Homebase, Pets At Home, the petrol station, the large apartment blocks that have more people than I could possibly imagine.
I see what has become of a beautiful city that I saw visiting as a child, modernity replacing what once was. A city I would love to look around again, but I just can't seem to find the time.
I speak to the workers, trying to fill the moments at work with more interest, but not really learning much. I'm just happy that there are people who I can talk to. I talk to the customers, I hear their lives discussed in passing, and sometimes am asked my opinion.
I try to find something to keep my interest. Here where I am, beauty still lies. In this beautiful city of Lincoln.
It could be most places where I work where, like many others, I just see fleeting glimpses during my limited time.
Farewell Lincoln, I will see you again soon, during what time my work allows. Perhaps I will one time soon share time with you away from those hours prescribed by my vocation.
Thank you for reading, I hope it wasn't too boring.
Marv - 4th March 2011 (40 years, 3 months, and 6 days old)
No comments:
Post a Comment