Wrote this blog while at work on a break yesterday (during what should have been a day off).
There's something strange about the world these days. The world around me seems to be very different to the same world when I was younger.
Even before I left Mansfield and moved to Newark at the end of 2009, there is a culture that I so dislike, full of rudeness, bad manners, and generally people who seem not to care about others. Now I am most definitely no saint, but even I wouldn't treat people that way, and I mean that for the man I am now, and the absolute little shit that I was as a kid. Even as a kid back then, I was still much more polite most of the time than these kids (and adults) are. I got sent away to schools that were specifically started for children who were like that - rude, impolite, selfish, spoilt, and any other sort of kid that was unable to get a place in a standard school.
Nowadays most kids are like that, and in some cases worse. People can say that I am wrong, but I don't think so. When I was younger there were steps that were made to curb this sort of behaviour and attitude, and now it is so called political correctness gone mad that has caused this.
Don't get me wrong. I am not saying they should bring back the cane and all that, but there are still steps that could be taken but aren't, and that is a terrible thing, especially when they're just the same when they become adults, and in fact worse.
Now there is an inherent laziness in a lot of these people as well, who you generally see on these so called reality shows like the present one on Channel Four about sending young adults to look after old people - they are so rude to these older people who probably did more in one year of their lives than the young ones in their first twenty years. Yet there is no respect, no interest, and the odd comment of "well, they will be dead soon and out of the way", or that sort of thing. That is disgusting. These young adults could at least listen for five minutes to people who have so much experience that they could offer.
Okay, come to think of it I may not have been that clever as a teenager, but as a twenty something like these people, I think that I took time to listen to these people who were older than me, even if I was making a racket sometimes with the drum kit, guitars, and bass guitar.
In Newark where I live now there are people like that. Most of the neighbours are young adults who slam doors shut rather than turn the handles to close them. (Funny, just thought while typing this that they will probably wonder why the door handles are broken eventually as well.) All this at gone two in the morning. They're out shouting into the night, probably living off the benefits that I and others pay to keep them on, for whatever reason they are on them.
At the same time they are probably stealing items from under my nose in a shop I'm doing security at, which puts the price of the shopping up, which I then pay for as well when it's added to my own bill (and everyone else's).
No, thank you. I'm glad that I can help these scrounging, noisy, lazy, rude little shits to do absolutely nothing. I know that I would much rather they get off their arses, cut down on the money that I pay out, so I could actually give more money to a more deserving cause such as Cancer Research, Amnesty, Shelter, or any thing else other than pay for their useless and pathetic lives.
There you go, a rant.
Please take care of yourselves.
Thank you for reading, I hope it wasn't too boring.
Marv - 3rd March 2011 (40 years, 3 months, and 5 days old)
No comments:
Post a Comment