So, I've ended up not getting today off then. Such is life I suppose. What else would I have done then? Stayed in bed longer with my sweetheart? Watch a film or two maybe? We did watch Hereafter last night, and still have Sherlock Holmes and Inception to watch before monday evening (seven free rentals available from joining Blockbuster). We could have gone out even. So many things could have been done. But such is life (see what I did there?)
I suppose that with each passing day the hatred for my job continues to grow and grow, but how many people get to do a job that they love one hundred percent? So I resigned to the fact that I will never have a job that I love that much. I just work because I have to and, unlike a lot of my neighbours, I don't particularly like the idea of constantly signing on.
What I do instead is to dream, and to enjoy what moments I can get, even if it's just the odd half hour or so of telly, such as the brilliant World's Craziest Fools on BBC3 with Mr T.
This is life then I think. Most of us doing jobs that we hate, but finding fun in those little moments that we can get. Whether that fun be television, a film, some music, a book, a bit of time on the computer, we can find it. Sometimes it can be visiting friends or family, or even eating a sandwich in the park on a sunny day. I personally find it a lot in the time I spend with my sweetheart, as I'm sure we all do with our partners.
Here's to a good weekend for all, and here's to you all having at least one moment of fun. Thank you for reading, please take care.
2 July 2011 (40 years, 7 months, and 6 days old).
No comments:
Post a Comment