Tuesday, 5 July 2011

A New World Order song 11 - Ev'ryday News

This is such a simple song, using the same two chord pattern throughout.  It is also cheated, because all I did was play the pattern a good few times, and then looped it for a vocal overdub.  After that I added bass guitar, and finally me on drums - good for me too!

The lyrics just seemed to come out, so I just wrote down what seemed to come out.  Even the chorusy bits just came about that way.

The big thing that pushes this song is the rhythm in the bass and drums.  If you alter the rhythm, then you can give the impression of separate verse and chorus, even though technically they are both the same.  It shows in a way how you can get different melodies from the same chord pattern.  It's something that has been done many times, especially with funk based music.

The icing on the cake I think is the fact that Joff's mix is so great with fantastic use of reverb, and the dead stop ending.  It is also a very quick song as well (2 minutes 54 seconds).

Thank you for reading.  Please take care.

HERE IS THE SONG!

3 July 2011 (40 years, 7 months, and 7 days old).

No comments:

Post a Comment