Friday, 1 July 2011

A New World Order song 6 - Medley

There is a sort of interesting thing to this song in that originally there was one song called Divisions, which is the first part of this medley.  While practising it though, I started going into some other chord structure (which I'm sure everyone does at time), and a different feel.  I liked it and thought I would try writing something for it, which became the second part of the medley - What Will It Take?

For a while I thought they could be two different songs sequenced together on the eventual disc, but much later on I was going through the second song again and suddenly once more started playing something else and ended up writing the third song - Revolution Glory.  After this I just decided to keep them as a medley.

The first thing recorded was vocal and acoustic guitar together, and over time I added more acoustic guitar, electric guitar, bass guitar, tin whistle, harmonica, harmony vocals and drums, all performed by me surprisingly.  The drums were made up on the spot, which I suppose is obvious.

I actually think that it has turned out pretty well considering there was no click track, but the lack of a click did cause some problems with a lot of songs.

HERE IS THE SONG!

Thank you for reading, please take care.

1 July 2011 (40 years, 7 months, and 5 days old)

No comments:

Post a Comment