This is my least favourite song on the set looking back now. The first line is fantastic, but then spoilt by everything that comes after it. Very grumpy old man type of lyrics, a plodding background with slow acoustic guitar, plus a lingering (and morbid) bass guitar. I do love how the harmonica and slide guitar work together though.
Looking back on this, I'm not sure why it finished up on the set, when there was superior material, as you'll see with the bonuses. Perhaps back then I really liked it, and I will admit that I was in a dark place back then. Now though, it's a regret that I included this when I had something like the songs The Political Prisoner and An Outsider Looking In, which you'll hear about later as they are bonus tracks.
HERE IS THE SONG!
Thank you for reading, please take care.
No comments:
Post a Comment