Sunday, 3 July 2011

A New World Order song 8 - Funk On A Shoestring

Here's something very simple.  At home I came up with a bass part and thought of using knee slaps as the percussive background.  I recorded myself on tape, then copied it over to mini disc and basically made up a loop (I had no music software on my computer then).

I then played the knee slaps loop on the disc, and played along on bass, recording it all onto tape (I didn't even have a four-track then either).  Then I played that back on mini disc again and added some guitar, and then a vocal.

When I went into Bandwagon Studios I basically replicated what I did at home, but this time did most of it as loops, which wasn't clever as there is a very obvious mistake that repeats itself of course.  Oh well, nice try.

After all these I added an harmonica solo.  Song finished, and so bloody simple.  It's basically a blues arrangement, funked up.

HERE IS THE SONG.

Thank you for reading, please take care.

1 comment:

  1. Yes all right but where is it? You very frustrating man!

    ReplyDelete