So I went to work then on Saturday and Sunday after pulling a sicky on Friday - wow, I admitted it. I'm past caring now to be completely honest with you. I wasn't feeling great though, but I may have overacted a bit. I posted on Saturday about my work thoughts of that day. That shift was at Mansfield Woodhouse and, by looks at my rota, I am guessing that will be my last shift there. I'm hoping to be able to visit my family more now anyway because of the new job requiring very little (or no) driving, so I will probably nip in there if I need anything when I'm out that way anyway. So in essence it is more of an adieu.
On Sunday I worked at the store in Lincoln, which I suppose that I will miss to a point, for a lot of reasons that I won't go into right now. Needless to say that it was a busy day, but also one that had a few giggles courtesy of John and Kel on the Fish Counter.
After that I went home and quickly got changed. Then myself and Louise got into the car, and I drove us to my aunt's in Shirebrook for a great barbecue. We don't get to go out very often for a few reasons, and it was nice to just go out and spend time with people, and to actually go out together. Normally out going out consist of a shopping trip (busman's holiday for me) or our journey's to where we work.
Anyway, the food was great as was the company. Two of my aunt's were there (Lynn and Ann), as well as Ebo (Lynn's husband so technically Uncle Ian, but everyone calls him Ebo), Ebo's dad, my brother Mark and his wife, along with their three children Luke, Connor & Bethany, Adie (Ebo's son) and Dee had brought their three kids - Jake, Scott & Ebeke. There were also my younger brother James (BSc), James' mate Chris (ROCK ON!!!", my cousin Liam, plus my cousin Rachel with her boyfriend Sandris and her daughter Damia.
Not such a quick blog now this?
Obviously a good time was had by all, and my camera came out of course, although only for around a dozen photographs. It was a barbecue after all, so putting the camera down to eat was mandatory.
We stayed much later than intended, but that's because we enjoyed ourselves. We left a little before eleven, and got home between ten to and five to midnight. This meant a nice cup of tea. Very late for one I know, but there is nothing like coming home to a cuppa.
It didn't take very long to drop off because I was so bloody tired. So was Louise. I had a couple of nightmares, but that's nothing out of the ordinary. I just hate when they are violent nightmares because I am scared of hitting Louise in my sleep, not for the first time - sorry darling. xxx
Monday was a relatively lazy day, except for me nipping to Wilko's and Blockbuster. The latter to get two films that are on my initial signing with them, so free. I like freebies.
I am a big fan of Pixar anyway, so I got Wall-E, and Louise suggested the film Bee Movie. We watched the latter Monday night, and both enjoyed it. I'm personally looking forward to Wall-E because it ticks three boxes for me - Family film, Pixar, and Science Fiction. Louise isn't so much in to Sci-Fi unless it's time travel or the odd Superhero film.
I'm sure that we will both enjoy Wall-E, even if Louise isn't fond of space based sci-fi films. I may have to introduce her to Galaxy Quest?
Now here I am at work on Tuesday writing this, and it is Lincoln again. John is here, but Kel finished his shift before I started. I've also already said hello to M'Lard (I call him that because his name is Donald, so that brings to mind Donald Duck, and that made me think of Mallard - see where I'm going there?) I like coming here. Matt who's the duty Manager at the moment is a little serious I think, but that might just be me. Mike, who's duty manager later, is much less serious.
Anyway, that's the last few days then, and I'll sort of leave this blog as it is because it looks blinking long to me. We will watch Wall-E, and see what else else happens during the Wednesday and Thursday off.
Thank you for reading, please take care.
27 July 2011 (40 years, 8 months, and 1 day old)
My brother James actually has an MChem not a BSc - I am such a dafty :/
ReplyDelete