So what's happening then? What is there to talk about?
I'm starting to get really irritated by not getting much time to spend on the internet now. I don't want it to sound like I was an addict or something... Okay I was.
In my previous job I took my laptop to work with me, and probably used it for about eight out of the twelve hours there. So I found that it was easier to keep up with what was going on, as well as keep up with the games on Facebook.
Now I find it tricky to keep up with people, never mind harvesting crops in Farmville, working the factory in Yoville, or setting up stings and things in Mafia Wars. Shame, I mess those things. All those game are cons now anyway, because it's all about using real money, which I think is taking the piss.
Work continues, the travel getting more and more tedious. I suppose I never realised that when I didn't drive. Back then I got lifts from Malc, the Ian's, and occasionally Steve. Now I have a job where I travel to lots of places, it is even more of an irritation.
Yesterday was really bad. To get to Mansfield Woodhouse from where I live in Newark, I normally use (I think) the A616 to get to Ollerton, and then go through Edwinstowe to Peafield Lane, and then I am in Mansfield Woodhouse. However, this time I got to the roundabout at Ollerton, and couldn't take the exit for Mansfield Woodhouse because of the police blocking that exit off. So I turned back and tried to go through Old Ollerton Village where the line of traffic would apparently take a half hour to get through, according to a lady going the opposite way. So, I turned around and found an alternative route.
Being the very road rage type that I am, a lot of "colourful metaphors" left my mouth. For those not in the Star Trek know, I mean I used a lot of bad language. Eventually I got to work 45 minutes late! That was nearly two hours of driving for what is normally a 21 mile trip each way.
If I got a job that was where I live, then I wouldn't even drive, except for trips on days off, gigs in places, and that sort of thing. The sort of thing that others seem to be able to afford, but not me for some reason I can't fathom.
My frittering away of money with the last pay day was £16 for a book - Paul McCartney Chord Songbook Collection that says inside that it is complete... Yeah, except it doesn't feature C Moon, Arrow Through Me, Reception... ... ... I'm sure the list goes on, because I've started looking online for songs that aren't included in there.
I was thinking of doing a blog about the solo Beatles songs, and this is the start of it all, or I intended it to be. We'll see what happens. You know what I'm like! I have these ideas, but never seem to get around to finishing any of them off. I have enjoyed going through other people'd songs though recently, and it has been sort of cathartic in a way. It helps me because being away from everything and music, and all of that is really depressing me inside. So it does help.
I have numerous projects on the go at the moment musically, which is probably more to do with the fact that I should knuckle down and get things finished.
With the One Day set, Rob Huskinson has done an organ part for the song Together, and I'll see about adding some keyboards to it myself as well as the vocals (I wish someone else would sing it). There are also vocals needed for The Rising Storm, Down The Line, and NSTB.
I've already started work on the follow-up set, which has the working title of Bridges. This set already has a few songs that have been started on, including Bridges itself, Between Woman & Man, I Didn't Do It, Trying To Break Me, Indian Visions (working title), and a few more.
I am also, as I said, enjoying doing the cover versions and am going to do a CD (or three) of them that I can't sell, because of copyright. I already have Band On The Run (Wings), Never Tear Us Apart (INXS), God Save The Queen (Sex Pistols), and have started on Subterranean Homesick Blues (Bob Dylan). I'm also working through the solo Beatles stuff, and have already started on the Wings song Winter Rose/Love Awake, which I really love. I'm looking at songs by others such as Alice In Chains, Lenny Kravitz, Extreme, Far, Iron Maiden, Pearl Jam, Queen, Rush, and others. Giving them the unique Marv touch, and really not great sound quality. I'm still enjoying it, and the sound sort of adds to the experience.
I'm also sort of busy with the lead up to the reissue of A New World Order, which I've obviously been blogging about. I am actually thinking of doing some gigs as well to promote it, which should be an interesting prospect. There are some places I'm interested in doing this. Unfortunately I am sad about the Town Mill in Mansfield, because that would have been great to play there again, and in front of friends.
Anyway, I hope that you are all okay and have got through this long slog of a blog today. Please take care, and look for another blog soon about a song from A New World Order.
10 July 2011 (40 years, 7 months, and 14 days old)
No comments:
Post a Comment