A Fishing Port Town was written around the period when the North Sea fishermen's quota was lowered so they were having to sack and cut wages of the boat's crews. I saw it on the news and just started playing guitar while watching it and making the words up on the spot.
Obviously I had put some thought into the lyrics by editing it afterwards a good few times, and the completed set took a while to get to. I am very proud of the lyrics, and the music fits it very well.
The initial recording session with this was the rhythm strummed acoustic guitar, vocal, and percussion. About six weeks later I added the lead acoustic I'd made up in the interim through playinig along to a rough mix I'd done.
A sweet and lovely song, with nice reverbed feedback at the end.
HERE IS THE SONG!
Thank you for reading, please take care.
No comments:
Post a Comment