Wednesday, 13 July 2011

A New World Order song 17 - Ballad Of The Oppressed

I've just remembered that Ballad Of The Oppressed is from the same session as Slave Song and What Can He Do.  A very productive session as you'll see, since there are two more songs from the original release of A New World Order left to talk about from that session, not to mention the bonus tracks.

I remember when I wrote the song that I was so pleased.  I'd got great lyrics, and the music worked incredibly well.

When it came to recording the song, it was basically a live recording of vocal and acoustic guitar.  John felt that there was a great tonal quality to the guitar, which was recorded with two microphones to capture the stereo field, and a third microphone picked up my vocal (and a bit of guitar too obviously).

We were both happy with it.  I was happy because I am very much a fan of Bob Dylan, and I love the early feel of just him live.  John mentioned Bonnie Prince Billy to me which, after listening to him sometime later, I loved.


Thank you for reading, please take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment