It's been a completely messed up week work wise, with my rota being completely screwed up. When I received my rota the previous week (on the Tuesday), I was told Lincoln for Monday, and Mansfield Woodhouse on Thursday. That same day I got a text from the Area Manager saying that Lincoln had been changed to Tuesday instead of Monday.
Monday was a day off then, and me and Louise had a nice day together. Tuesday was, as normal, a nice shift at Lincoln, although in every way I am getting more and more pissed off with the job as I keep doing it. There we go, I'm moaning again. On Wednesday I was just chilling when at about 11.45 in the morning I got a phone call from work asking if I'd arrived on site yet. "What, today is a day off and I'm back to work at Mansfield Woodhouse tomorrow!" "No, you're on our board for Mansfield Woodhouse today. How long until you can get there?" "I'll be there for a quarter past 1" I said. I did, and I wished that I hadn't because it was shit from the word go.
As soon as I go there it was "what time do you call this?" and "we've already had two attempted shoplifts today". I should have read the signs immediately. That on top of the fact that I've not been sleeping well lately spells danger let's face it.
I got asked while I was there if I could help to "face up" the Wines and Spirits on the aisle and, while I was doing that I somehow missed someone picking up four bottles of Jack Daniels and a bottle of Jim Beam (a la the shows on television I can be seen on the camera doing the shelves behind while he is there picking up the items and placing them into his basket, ready to try and get off with them). Luckily the Store Manager himself got the man. I'm so surprised that I never got replaced that day, even though I rang the office and told them every embarrassing detail. I'm really surprised I wasn't fired, never mind anything else. I could see Lord Sugar pointing his finger at me saying "you're fired!" Yet, it didn't happen.
I also missed the emergency messages on the tannoy for me as well. It was surely the day from hell when it comes to work. I am embarrassed beyond words.
Me and Louise had a lovely time together the rest of Thursday, and when we got up on Friday (for the first of my seven days off with holidays), I got ready and went for the interview. It was a great interview, again sold by my extensive history of work in the security industry shown by my CV, and the fact that I looked damn good as well in my light purple shirt, and that tie - DAMN!
I remembered being told when I started my current job that it was a week's notice, and with that in mind I contacted my employers, only to be told that it was actually a month's notice. There was the ultimate downer for me. Here I was being offered a job where I could sort of pick and choose my hours, in a way anyway. I could say that I only so much, and they would be willing to do so, as long as I helped every now and then when they were in a fix. That was okay with me. Now, I have to ring them and let them know that it's not a week's notice, but a month. Hopefully, they will be okay with that, because to have a job where I don't have to use the car most of the time, and where there is flexibility, that is great.
Friday afternoon I spent finishing the vocals for my cover of the Sex Pistols' song God Save The Queen, and added something to my version of Band On The Run for the eventual ReCovery set, that at present has four completed songs and one that's started. My version of Subterranean Homesick Blues will integrate aspects from Bob's version and the Red Hot Chili Peppers' cover from their Uplift Mofo Party Plan album, all done with my home recording less than glory.
Last night we watched the film The Back-Up Plan with Jennifer Lopez and Alex Loughlin, which we both thought was absolutely awful. We normally like J-Lo in these romcom's, but this was just bad in a so many ways. The dialogue itself was appalling, and the set pieces just didn't work most of the time. It couldn't make up it's mind whether to be another film similar to classic romcom fare such as Sleepless In Seattle et al, or go into the modern area of the American Pie series styled gross out humour. With doing that it completely failed, because it lacked any direction at all. They should have picked one or the other, but not to cross the two. The funniest thing in the film, was the dog called Nuts!
Today is going to be a lovely day, and a great weekend lies ahead. I have the joy and pride of going to my younger brother's graduation on Wednesday, where I will obviously be taking photographs, and I am so very happy for him.
Have a lovely weekend everyone and take care. Thank you for reading.
16 July 2011 (40 years, 7 months, and 19 days old)
No comments:
Post a Comment