Saturday, 9 July 2011

A New World Order song 14 - Harvest Time

Harvest Time is one of my attempts at doing funk, and it came so very easily, as well as being lazy.  Once again I am using the same pattern throughout, which people have mentioned since it should have been broken up with a change maybe in a couple of places.

I was very much on a political anti-this, that and the other thing back then, which isn't so bad really.  In a few places there are some bad rhymes, and I cringe some moments of it, especially since I am technically rapping and wasn't even an experienced singer back then.

The initial guide recording was the first acoustic guitar, which was looped (of course).  The second job was the vocal, which at a later date had an edit made where the original was messed up for one verse, so I re-recorded that verse.

After this, I put down the percussion tracks, and then I think the second guitar.  Finally the bass was put down, which was essentially made up on the spot, and is some of the best playing I've done in my own opinion.  When it came to the end of the song I just kept going for it on the bass, and I actually think the music is great.

HERE IS THE SONG!

Thank you for reading, please take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment