Here we are there, back at work and quite obviously loving it... NOT!!! I've been offered another job, but unfortunately have to work a month's notice, which is irritating to be honest. What makes it more so is that this week alone two of my shifts are around 120 miles each day travelling. I suspect that it's a case of sending me here, there and everywhere just to have a laugh at my expense.
It doesn't really matter that much because I know there isn't long left for them to keep pulling these stupid tricks on me. There's also the fact that I don't give a shit. What's the worst that can happen? I get fired and start my new job sooner?
I know that it's not much of a change. I'll still be working as a Security Guard, but I wouldn't have to travel more than 15 miles to and site I get put onto. Most of their sites are in Newark as well, so those would be walking distance a lot of the time (no driving).
It would mean less driving of the car for work, and more using the car to go to places, visit people, and all of those other things that I never have the fuel for.
The general hours are longer shift wise, with an average of 12 hours each time, but a lot of the time now I'm out much longer with the travelling and such.
I am looking at doing maybe four shifts a week, and be available for one extra if needed. That is plenty to be honest. 48 to 60 hours a week will be fine I'm sure.
There is a certain joy in the fact that I have another job to go to. In some ways it is like losing a weight off my mind, metaphorically speaking of course. There is the fact that I can think about what will be, which helps in a way to get through what I have to until I am there. It is the certainty that no matter what, I have a job. I like that feeling.
My friend Drew talked the other day in his blog about bosses good and bad, and I have put up with both as well. Occasionally though you can also find those who are somewhere in between, or you're never too sure of.
Gone are the days when you could go from one job to another without any problems no matter what. Here though I am lucky, because my C.V. speaks for me in the security circles. I have done so many different types of security work that that alone can get my foot into the door, and it obviously worked this time. It's not much of an industry I'll grant you, but it is a job. I am one of the lucky ones.
Thank you for reading, please take care.
23 July 2011 (40 years, 7 months, and 27 days old)
No comments:
Post a Comment