Wednesday, 6 July 2011

A New World Order song 12 - A Dog Eat Dog World

A Dog Eat Dog World is a case of my love for alternative guitar tunings, and I think this is a D major chord tuning, where the strings are tuned to the chord.  Recorded in the same session as Sunset, which is in the same tuning, the song has a very simple but effective arrangement.

There are basically three tracks on here.  The first track was the acoustic guitar, and then I put my vocal, and while listening back, Ellie started to make up an harmony, so I suggested she record it, because it reminded me of Simon & Garfunkel.

After this it was a case of mixing the track.  The song was acapella for a verse, mainly because of a couple of bum notes on the guitar track, so we thought that we could make it part of the arrangement to pull the guitar out for a while to leave that little bit with just the voices.

The downside to the song is poor lyrics in the bridge I think, but perhaps that is just me.

HERE IS THE SONG!

Thank you for reading, please take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment