![]() |
| I don’t know why this photo is mirrored, when I didn’t take it in a mirror! |
Hi there, I hope you’re all okay.
Here I am back at home after the last night shift before my five days I’ve booked to have off...
It’s a nice thought to have five days rest, but I’m not sure it’ll all be that restful, but it will be fun.... Nervous fun!
Today I have a show to record at midnight, three to record on Tuesday, and 2 on Wednesday, and that’s for the time being. There may be more!
I’m nervous because I felt that I could have been better with the first show recorded last week, where I seem to have been so bothered about the list of questions on my sheet, that I missed bits I should have responded to.
If truth be told, I’m constantly trying to force myself to chat with people, because my job is solitary, where I sit in a van on my own for a minimum of twelve and a half hours a night, five nights a week, with my own company. I converse with very few people, and seem to be becoming even more insular from the COVID-19 restrictions.
I used to be incredibly shy and almost paranoid (which is why Andrea at Bandwagon Recording Studios named me Marv, as in Marvin the paranoid android from A Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy)... I forced myself to talk to more people, and in the process built up confidence.
To a degree I am still shy around new people, and get extremely nervous. I think that doing this show will hopefully make me better with people.
I look forward to speaking with Tom & Andy tonight, and have some ideas that include trying to remember what points I want to put across.
Thank you for reading, please take care.
September 28th 2020 (49 years, 10 months, and 2 days old).

No comments:
Post a Comment