Another day, another load of waffle from your’s truly!
Welcome :-)
So, how goes it with you all out there? Actually, as the great Pink Floyd said, “is there anybody out there?!?!?!”
I’m making this up as I go along you know... I’m trying to get out of my tired self some semblance of thought, and beginning to think that I should wait until I’ve been to sleep!
..REST...
Right, that was a lousy sleep!
Once again I had trouble dropping off, and then I got woken up by Rocky Balboa next door... Alex, who lives above us, has a punch bag and a rowing machine in his bedroom, or what SHOULD be the bedroom. We can hear him sleeping in what should be the living room.
What is it with this layout business? How come they don’t realise that the living room is the room with the tv aerial in, and is adjacent to the kitchen?
At about eleven in the morning or so, he started at the punch bag. Now, if I’ve never been into his flat, but I can tell from the sound what it is, just as the long scraping noise is much like a rowing machine.
My guess is that before the lockdown occurred, he probably went to a gym, but as gyms were closed, he got some equipment of his own, and now doesn’t go to the gym. I wish he would, because now I’m even more tired than I already was all of the time!
I’ve actually mentioned to him that I can hear everything, and that I sleep in the day, so that I can do my two to three hundred miles of driving safely.
At that time he was doing this stuff at midday, so said that he understands and what do it later in the day, but instead he’s started earlier. Also, the fact that he does it for three hours solid sometimes absolutely drives me up the wall!
Most people these days have no respect for others, and that’s a real shame. People talk loudly down their mobile phones to others, in the middle of the street. Cars will be parked up while people have their phones going through the car radio systems so loudly, that you can hear everything.
There was a competing security company parked up once, and I let them know that I could hear the person on the other end telling them the details for the site they were about to do, including the alarm code! I could hear all of that through closed windows. They obviously responded with the modern alternative to manners by telling me to f*** off!
Nice!
Anyway, that’s a blog post written. I hope I’m more positive next time.
Thanks for reading. Take care.
Friday 4th of September 2020 (49 years, 10 months, and 9 days old).

My wall-mate, the first year at college, had a punching bag mounted on his loft (raised bed that everyone made to get more floor space). He would go at it each week while playing Judas Priest's "Love Bites" at about 500,000 decibels. Of course that was college and those things are expected - sorry for your predicament. :(
ReplyDeleteThank you. It feels bad in a way, as I get the whole wanting to do stuff, but I have mentioned my work/sleep routine, to which he said he would do things later in the day. However, he is actually doing it earlier now!
DeleteThank you for reading and responding to the blog post.
Take care.