Thursday, 24 September 2020

Just Another Thursday

 


Hi there.


Another very quick few minutes to do a post!

It’s a Thursday, so it’s a weird day...  It’s always first shift back each, and that’s a night shift of course, which is what I always work!

I posted some bullet point notes to most of the people I will be talking to for the podcast recordings next week, and got great responses from three is the five I contacted (I’ll get notes out to Sam of Paul Or Nothing and to Norman & John of Mission Log on Saturday at the latest). The other two I contacted haven’t responded yet...

They’re either busy or thinking “who is this newbie amateur?”!!!

Hopefully they’re busy!

I also decided that after a couple of days after a card was left by the Postie (I don’t know if their name is Pat), I decided to go the postal sorting office that said on the card that it closes at 6pm.

After a long winded walk there, because one way you could have got there before is now blocked by gated private housing estate, I arrived at the sorting office for 3:34pm, to find a sign on the door saying “because of staff shortages, we’ve had to close at 3:30pm”!

Yes, they closed four minutes before I got there!

Will they do the same on Friday? Is it worth me getting out of bed early to find out? 

I understand that these are strange times and all that, but I’m sure that someone there would have been happy to do an extra two and a half hours to make sure that that essential service is provided.

I’ll tell you what...  I bet people would be pissed off if I suddenly decided that I’d finish two and a half hours early saying “sod opening your business up or responding to your alarms, I’m finishing early!”

You’re called the Royal Mail, but we can tell that you’ve been privatised!  Lower standards you see...

Anyway, I ended up going to work, and here I am, with the intent of doing my full hours, and potentially (but hopefully) not more!

Thank you for reading. Please take care.

September 24th 2020 (49 years, 9 months, and 29 days! 

No comments:

Post a Comment