Hey there, I hope you’re all okay.
Today was better than it has been for a while...
I got in from work at around a quarter to seven in the morning, after a relatively relaxed shift (for me). However, it was probably nine in the morning or so before I got to sleep.
When I woke up I saw that it was about a quarter past two and thought “that’s enough sleeping, get up and get some stuff done you lazy arse!” <- yes, I’m English, so I do indeed say “arse”! That’s among words that people in other English speaking don’t use, alongside words such as “natter” (chatting/talking), “ginger beer” (root beer), “biscuits” (cookies), “trousers” (pants), “chips” (fries), “crisps” (chips), “scones” (biscuits)...
After seeing messages on a Facebook chat from the lovely podcast community of friends that I’ve made, I’ve decided to go with the title Pods Like Us for the Podcast! My close podcast friends include (now don’t miss anyone) Paul (Punky Radio), Tom (2 Legs/Talk More Talk), Andy (2 Legs), Kit (Talk More Talk), Ken M (Things We Said Today/Talk More Talk), Ken W (Talk More Talk), Ed (When They Was Fab), Lonnie (When They Was Fab), Sam (Paul Or Nothing), Antony (Glass Onion), and Jason (Strange Brew).
Yes it is a pun on the Paul McCartney theme song Spies Like Us, but it fits the format! I’m one of those rare Macca fans that like that song. I remember it coming out, and buying the single on 12” and shaped picture disc. Unfortunately I sold those, but have since got hold of another copy of the 12” single!
There’s a very funky chat show style opening theme that I actually recorded about four years ago, and I’m thinking up what to end the show with.
I carried on writing my show notes in readiness for next week, and plan on hopefully having them all finished during my Tuesday & Wednesday off.
Now, hi ho hi ho it’s off to work I go!
Thank you for reading, please take care.
September 21 2020 (49 years, 10 months, and 26 days old).

No comments:
Post a Comment