So, very soon It’ll be the end of November, and I’ll be turning fifty. FIFTY!!!
Recently I’ve been thinking about this blog, and realised that I wouldn’t be able to write these Ramblings Of A Forty Something, because I won’t be a forty something!
So, with that in mind, I’ve even thinking about what I could do...
A lot of things were thought of, with Middle-Aged Meanderings being the one that sticks out the most! I think that I might still use that up until I possibly get to pension age, when I’ll look at something else, but that’s a long while off!
While looking around at the blog idea, I looked at Wordpress, as opposed to my regular Blogger. I saw that instead of it just being a relatively basic blogging site, that Wordpress lets you create a full on website, which reminds me of the time when I had an actual website back in the late nineties/early noughties, which was relatively basic (and PHP based if I remember correctly).
I looked at this as a potentially more interesting prospect, whereby I could make it more than just about blogging. I’d still do the blogging occasionally of course, but I would also potentially add more to it...
As a bit of a social networking nerd, I post up about podcasts I listen to, films that I watch, music that I listen to, and (when I have the time) books and magazines that I read.
I also post up online about places that me and Louise visit, such as nature reserves, animal parks, theatres, museums, and the like.
So, I’ve started working on The Marv Zone, with the idea of it being a hub. In there I will have a page where you’ll be able to find my continuing blog posts, another page where you’ll find links to these blog posts, and pages for other things such as suggested podcasts that I listen to, music I listen to, films that I watch, and other things.
I’m also hoping to get some of my own videos up on there, which could be music related, footage from trips out, and maybe footage from gigs and festivals that I’m going to attend, hopefully including interviews.
Basically, I’m going to make this up as I go along, and I hope that it’s interesting. I really don’t want to bore people.
Anyway, it’s already being built up, with pages being developed, in readiness for the pages becoming live at some point, maybe sooner than November 26th 1970, but then again I like the idea of making it all live on my birthday is something that seems quite cool.
I’m sorry if I’ve bored you with this, but it’s kind of exciting to me.
Thank you for reading. I’ll see you soon.
Wednesday September 2nd 2020 (49 years, 10 months, and seven days old).



No comments:
Post a Comment