Hey there. I hope you’re doing okay.
Here we are half way through September of 2020 and, as I said to Louise, I’m pretty sure that for the first year of a new decade, to most people this year alone feels like a decade on it’s own.
Even for those of us who worked throughout the full lockdown, it dragged! Time moved slowly, which is weird, because normally I’d moan that time moves too quickly!
Now, I was trying to make sure that I steer clear of any sense of downer, or mentioning the subject that is everywhere at the moment - COVID-19!!!
This year has been difficult for everyone I’m sure...
Before the full lockdown, the government here in the UK talked about people needing to socially distance themselves, and to be careful when going out. However, this was completely ignored by a number of people (most under 25 years old) who suddenly descended in their masses upon beaches all over the country!
Because of this, the government were then forced to call for a complete lockdown of all non-essential businesses, and to restrict travel!
I, and others like me, had official paperwork that proved my position as an essential worker, so that I could travel for work. Police were parked up at some junctions to check people’s paperwork. Funnily enough, I don’t think that I got mine checked, as the local police know me... A side-effect of the job I suppose, where we have worked in conjunction with each other, like a symbiotic relationship.
I’d better quickly explain that;
In my job I receive calls where I’m expected to respond to alarms and other incidents on sites that the company I work for have the key holding duties for. Sometimes I come across incidents on my normal site checks without a call by the way. No matter how I come across the incident, if something serious is going on or has happened, then I call the police, and report it to them. If they can, then they send officers to attend, and go through the situation with me. Mark, John, Alison... Yep, I suppose that we know each other!
All that happened though was that I travel for work, and did nothing on my nights off. We didn’t go anywhere, and shopping was done on the basis of going as little as possible, which is strange for us, as I normally go all of the time. The supermarket is only a few doors away from us! When I worked for the security company that provided their security, I was the closest security officer they had, and I walked well out of the way to hide where I lived!
During the full lockdown, the roads were so quiet, and it was so easy to get around. A few of us agreed that travelling for work, and doing the travel between sites, was so much easier than usual!
That changed when they lightened the lockdown!
On my days off during the full lockdown I got my alcohol stash out, which is rare for me! I have a tendency to not drink at all, as I normally drive virtually every single day, and I am someone who doesn’t touch any alcohol at all when I’m going to be driving.
Have I mentioned all of this before?
Hey, I’m nearly fifty, so I can get away with it if I have! Lol :-))
Even now that things have relaxed, it’s still not great...
People wonder whether they should go to watch films in cinemas, and theatres aren’t seeming to open! That latter one is a big one for us, especially at this time, as me & Louise always go to the ballet every year at the local theatre, that they have every year on the run up to Christmas. Obviously not this year, as they’re not reopening while restrictions are in place. It’s less than a five minute walk for us as well!
There are no performances at the Robin Hood Theatre in Averham either, which is another place that we’ve been to before now! It’s going to be especially difficult for them, as they’re a very small theatre. To some people, they see going to the theatre as not being their thing, but that’s probably more to do with what they think, and not what they know!
Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like this thing is coming to an end very soon. Personally, I think that at least half of 2021 will be similar.
I’m sorry, I wanted to be more positive...
Something to look forward to - a lot of musicians, bands, and such have been working on music during the lockdown, and that is a great thing!
Thank you for reading, please take care.
September 16th 2020 (49 years, 10 months, and 21 days old).

No comments:
Post a Comment