Wednesday, 9 September 2020

My listening habits - Part 3


Hey there. Thank you for reading.

To finish the subject of podcasts I listen to, I’ve decided to post my second post in one day, which also means my tenth post in nine days!

Let’s hope that I can get this subject done in three parts then! Dear me, I don’t have waffle!!!

Carry on from where I left off then...

OTHER MUSIC SHOWS

Punky Radio is a show presented by my good friends Paul B Edwards and Tony Hearn, where they play music that is a mix of punk, hardcore, ska, and rockabilly. They also talk about whatever is going on musically in those spheres, gigs across the world, and whatever they feel like!


Sodajerker On Songwriting (sometimes just called Sodajerker) is a show where the two presenters Brian O’Connor and Simon Barber chat with songwriters about how they write and record their songs. Past guests include Paul McCartney, Nile Rodgers, Paddy McAloon, Diane Warren, Albert Hammond, and so many more...  There is quite the archive there for you to sink your teeth into!


Songstripper is a fascinating show where industry insiders Phil Thornalley & Tim Jackson chat with someone involved in the creation of a different song each week, with guests such as Graham Gouldman, Jim Vallance, and Tony Hatch as previous guests.  Each song is stripped down by the hosts and guests.


The Album Years is presented by musicians and lifelong friends Steven Wilson & Tim Bowness of the group No Man, where each episode they pick a different year, and talk the albums released in those years.  They have a rule where they try to avoid the obvious classic albums!


The Corona Diaries is a show where presenter/producer Ant Short talks to singer Steve Hogarth about his past history as a solo artist and member of bands including Marillion and The Europeans.  Steve also reads from diaries he has kept since working on the Marillion album Holidays In Eden. 


Now here’s one that I’ve been waiting for... I’ve been looking for a show about the rock band Queen for years, who are still my favourite band! The Queen Pod is a very new show, with only two episodes available so far, and they are great! They look at the albums in order of release, but also discuss their own fandom and other Queen related subjects.


The Strange Brew is a chat show, where presenter Jason Barnard talks with a different guest each week about their careers in music, with previous guests including Eric Stewart, Mike Batt, Bill Nelson, Chris Difford, Roine Stolt, and so many others. Jason has been doing this show for over ten years, so there’s quite the archive to delve into!


Finally there is the Yes Music Podcast, which I dip into every now and then, where each week discusses anything related to the progressive rock band Yes, and any other related bands/projects.

OTHER PODCASTS

Comicbook Nation is a podcast from the Comicbook media group, and is hosted by Kofi Outlaw and Matt Aguilar, along with guest presenters including Brandon Davis, Connor Casey, Janell Wheeler, Megan Peters, Jim Viscardi, and many others that work there. They discuss any geeky cool stuff about comics, films, tv, wrestling, and other associated subjects. 


David Tennant Does A Podcast With is a fun show where actor David Tennant chats with a different guests each episode, who have included Olivia Colman, Jon Hamm, Michael Sheen and Judy Dench.


Here’s The Thing With Alec Baldwin is a chat show where actor Alec Baldwin interviews a different person each week about their lives and careers.


Something Rhymes With Purple is actually a show that me and Louise now listen to together. Louise saw that I was listening to it, and I kept mentioning bits from the show, which got her interested. Presenters Gyles Brandreth and Susie Dent discuss the history of words and phrases, and fun ensues!


The Art Of Process is a show presented by Aimee Mann and Ted Leo where each week they interview a different person about the process they use in their field of interest, whether that be music, film, television, business, or whatever.


True Spies is a very different show, where actress Hayley Atwell narrates true stories of spy missions, including interviews with the actual agents themselves. Very very interesting! 


NOTABLE SHOWS I DIP INTO OR THAT HAVE FINISHED AS SHORT ONE OFF SERIES









Phew, I think I’ve done it! Thank you for reading and please take care.

September 9th 2020 (49 years, 10 months, and 14 days old).

2 comments:

  1. Hey hey, have you ever listened to the podcast song exploder? Might be one for you if you've never heard it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I wasn’t sure whether I was listening to enough shows! Lol :-)

    Hope you’re okay mate

    ReplyDelete