Wednesday, 23 September 2020

Joyful Nervousness

 


Hey there everyone. I hope you’re all okay.

Well, I was going to post about something different to my podcasting preparation today, but it’s what today has been all about!

I spent most of the day carrying on with preparing the guide notes for episodes, finally finishing the first drafts for the eight shows that will make up season one. I was so pleased that I had got that done after over a week of fitting it in when I could.

After posting up online that the first drafts were finished and I was preparing to start editing and cleaning up them for people who have asked for my notes so that they can prepare, Robbie from the show Out Of The Blank messaged me to say that even though he works more from stream of conscious discussions on his show, that he could help if there’s anything I’ve missed.

I sent him a copy of my show notes for when I was intending on recording a show with him, and after what felt like less thirty seconds he said “good start. How about recording it now?”

BOOM!


With Robbie using his zoom account to host, about an hour and twenty minutes later, we had finished the show’s recording, which was an experience!

We started with chatting for a few minutes before recording started, to work out what we were doing...

Before I carry on, I’ll add a bit of perspective to this;

For a while now, me and Robbie have chatted occasionally about me possibly being a guest on his show, which I think is a great show. Before now my internet wasn’t great, because earlier in the year I guested on the show When They Was Fab, there were connection issues and terrible lag!

Because of mine and Robbie’s times clashing, we just never were able to get together online, and when I started looking into starting my own podcast, Robbie was one of those that I went to ask to be a part of it, and he was immediately on my side, helping me to prepare for it.

Luckily I’ve made friends with podcasters who have my back, and are being really helpful. Those people include Tom Hunyady (2 Legs/Talk More Talk), Andy Nicholes (2 Legs), Ed Chen (When They Was Fab), Kit O’Toole (Talk More Talk), Ken Michaels (Talk More Talk), Paul B Edwards (Punky Radio), Ken Womack (Talk More Talk), Jason Barnard (The Strange Brew), Antony Rotunno (Glass Onion), Sam Whiles (Paul Or Nothing), Ben Burrell (Bob Dylan Album By Album/Long Player, and presenter for Absolute Radio), and Sean O’Connell (Reelblend, and MD for Cinemablend).


Anyway...

So, about an hour and twenty minutes later we had the show recording wrapped, and it was fun!  Maybe once or twice we went “out of the show“ so to speak to discuss how it was going, but for the most part it flowed really well.

As Robbie said in the show “I popped your podcasting cherry!”

Yes you did, thank you mate. I love how after a couple of minutes it just became pure conversation! All of the points were hit, but in a conversational way.

I just wish that when Robbie from nowhere asked what’s my go to snack that I had mentioned something that Louise made at home as opposed to a Starbar, which I then got wrong with the explanation. It’s actually like a Snickers with biscuit in there, and smoother. I said it was fruit and nuts in chocolate, which would actually explain a Cadbury’s Fruit & Nut.

In actual truth, I prefer the Reeses Nutrageous Bar, and Reeses Cups! 

What a cool experience though!

Thank you everyone. Take care and stay safe out there.

September 23rd 2020 (49 years, 9 months, and 28 days old).

No comments:

Post a Comment