Thursday, 10 September 2020

Thoughts for the day

Hey there everyone, how are you? I hope this post finds you well. 

So, we got through the podcast chat then!

Here we are on Thursday afternoon while I write this, and I’m back at work tonight. There are a couple of bits I need to do, and I once again that doesn’t include writing or recording any music.

I don’t know why, but there just doesn’t seem to be the time lately to write, and I really need to get some done. I also still need to get some more work done to finishing off the mixes and clean up on the two albums The Days Eye and The Wind Clock, which have both been waiting a long time to get done, and then put out there for people to hopefully check out.

There just doesn’t seem to be the time there.

Just imagine if I had been in a job where I’d been furloughed...  I’d definitely have the time to do these things and more!

I still think Paul McCartney has record an entire album or more while he’s been locked down at home, where one of his home studios is. We’ll find out that he’s got an album coming out before year’s end.

He won’t be the only one with new music.

The thing is that there is the possibility there for creative people to be creative!

Am I jealous? Sort of! 

I would love the time to do these things, but at the same time I’m in a sort of lucky position where I’m in work, and I’m still in work! A lot of people aren’t, and I feel sorry for them all.

I was going to try not to go anywhere near the whole Covid-19 thing, but my mind seems to have taken me there, so I’ll run with it!

Me and Louise have missed so much this year that we would normally do.  Visiting friends and family, going to animal parks, going to concerts, going to the theatre...

Techfest 2020 obviously didn’t happen in July, which I was going to, and would once again have loved. I’m definitely going in 2021, if we’ve got shit sorted by that time!

It sounds like moaning, which I suppose it is, but I’ve missed visiting my mum and my dad this year. It’s tough, and after a while I stopped instigating family chats on Facebook, because there they were for the most part stuck at home, only going out for essential shopping, etc. Here was I though going out to work, driving in the work van around these places, seeing stuff, and getting fresh air.

I’d see police parked up at main exits waiting for anyone breaking the curfews, and passing them as I was going around from site to site, checking the places out. It didn’t last though, as the government couldn’t afford to pay them when the Easter break came.  Suddenly there was no police presence again!

Anyway, I felt bad that I was still going out, getting fresh air, seeing wildlife while out. Wildlife that was loving the freedom of less people around to get in their way!

Driving around was easier too, with so much less traffic on the roads.  Just imagine what a difference that was!

When the measures were lifted, I didn’t half see the difference in traffic!  Suddenly it was as though nothing had changed but, to my mind, they were taking advantage and blindly believing that it was all over.

It’s still there and, I hate to say this, but I think it’s there for a while yet.  I think that governments have lifted restrictions because they’ve basically decided that industries need to be working, since we can’t afford for all of these businesses to go bust. 

The measures with social distancing and everything are more of a means to try and limit the possible cases, but they most likely won’t cancel it altogether.  It’s terrible to say, but it’s there! It’s just another virus that’s in the world.

Dear me, I really didn’t want to go all dark and, in some ways, I didn’t even know what I thought until I wrote this!

Thank you for reading. Take care and stay safe.

September 10th 2020 (49 years, 10 months, and 15 days old.

PS - I’m sick of that Covid-19 advert with the delivery driver Michael on the radio all of the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment